Roundtable 22.2.: Lessons from America: militarism, trauma and resistance in post-9/11 USA, with Poppy Kohner
Wednesday 22nd February, 6pm in the CHE library, The Pearce Institute, 840-860 Govan Rd, Glasgow G51 3UU
**Places in the CHE Library are strictly limited, although we may move to a bigger room if needed – so it’s essential that you book your space (pay what you can): http://www.brownpapertickets.
This Roundtable will critically engage with militarism by looking at resistance strategies of post-9/11 soldiers and veterans in the USA.
Poppy Kohner will present findings from her research and will touch on the following areas:
– the culture of US militarism, military power and social control
– veteran identities and ‘the military imaginary’
– military culture as belonging forged through fear
– the concept of trauma and its roots in militarisation
– the intersection of militarism, trauma and resistance
– political organising as a tool of healing from trauma and militarism”